5 Signs Your Air Ducts Need Cleaning
Air cooling and heating system always seem to be working. It begins with the constant air flow throughout the ducts needed to heat our businesses and homes during winter’s chill. However it seems that as soon as you shut the heating system off, spring and summer heat is getting too uncomfortable so it is time to turn on the air conditioner.
All the constant passageway usages seem to make air ducts “work overtime” in order to achieve comfort. It is important to have a simple air duct cleaning before you spot signs of trouble so that passageways work adequately.
Be Aware of Problems
1. Air ducts can easily become infested with insects or rodents such as rats or squirrels, therefor an expert must be contacted to determine how they are entering and why. Also they must check for any damage done by rodents or insects and then the duct cleaning will follow.
2. Mold growth can be viewed on areas of a cooling and heating system and on the hard areas of ducts. To examine for this, a mold sample test will be done by a professional who will also locate the harmful condition causing it.
3. If you see an increase when you receive your monthly power bill, it could be due to the heating and cooling system not working appropriately. By ensuring that air ducts are clean you are sure to receive monthly utility bills that are generally predictable.
4. Debris and dust can become clogged up inside air ducts, which in turn are released into the air you breathe in a home or business. This is harmful for individuals prone to allergies or asthma.
5. If an air duct remains at a temperature that is moist, it can cause mold to accumulate, causing individuals to breathe in air that is also moist. This harmful type of air causes several types of fungi and mold to grow, particularly in rooms that have a tendency for high humidity such as kitchens and bathrooms. If mold exists, the ducts should be cleaned by a professional.
Do Not Wait
It is wise to routinely have air ducts cleaned and inspected by a professional service and not wait until someone’s health is negatively impacted by it. Schedule a service before something happens. Often just an itchy nose can be a sure sign that air duct cleaning is needed.
Are your West Palm Beach air ducts making your home smelly, stuffy, & dusty? Call AAA Modern Air at (210) 798-8000 for duct cleaning!