3 Formulas for Keeping Cool in the August Heat
August is the end of summer, but it tends to have the hottest days of the year. High energy bills may be on the horizon, but there are ways to mitigate the heat. There is no need to drive down to the beach, although that might be nice. One can find comfort closer to the house. This article outlines a few simple ways to be more comfortable in the dog days of summer.
No Need for a Pool When There’s a Cool Shower
When people think of summer, they think of playing in sprinklers and pools or lounging on the sand of an Atlantic beach. Unfortunately, not everyone has the time for this. Cooling down is as easy as a cold shower. It has also been demonstrated that cold showers may have more benefits than just cooling someone down in a heatwave.
- Waking Up: Cold water gives that shock to the nervous system that pretty much everyone is familiar with. It helps to open those sleepy eyes.
- Jump-Starting Metabolism: It takes energy for the body to warm itself up. A cold shower gets the body burning those calories.
- Boosting Circulation: Again this goes back to the body warming itself up via dilation of the blood vessels and an increased heart rate.
- Soothing Sore Muscles: The prescription of RICE (Rest Ice Compression Elevation) for a sports injury or muscle soreness is a well-known remedy. The expression could be RCSCE, but that’s a lot harder to say.
- Soothing Itchy Skin: Heat can make skin that is already irritated feel worse. Cool water from a shower helps soothe that.
Cooling Bed Sheets: Key to Comfort
Would someone expect the latest in cooling technology coming from a bed? There is, however, a trend even in the direct-to-consumer mattress sales of “cooling sheets.” Sheets out of certain materials tend to retain heat or disperse it. Fabrics that cool include:
Clean Filter Equals Cooler Air
Now it’s time to come back around to what people think of when they think of cooling, the air conditioning. Air conditioning units should get regular maintenance for them to work at optimum efficiency. Filters work hard to keep the indoor air quality at healthy levels. Here are a few of the things that can be caught by and linger in a filter:
- Air Pollution
There are four basic steps to cleaning an HVAC filter.
- Remove the filter from the AC unit
- Using a garden hose, spray out the filter
- Allow the filter to dry
- Replace the filter in the AC unit
Cleaning out the junk will improve the airflow through the filter and help the air conditioner use less energy to cool than it would have if the filter was still full.
About AAA Modern Air
The multiple award-winning AAA Modern Air offers 24/7 emergency service and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. It has been around since 1969 and is family-owned and operated. They provide their customers with fast, quality, and courteous service. Contact them to learn more about AC maintenance in Dania Beach, FL!
Distribution Links +