Increase An HVAC’s Efficiency to Save Money for the Holidays
Every savvy homeowner is looking for ways to save money for holiday shopping and gift-giving. Cutting corners can be more costly than one might think, but there are several ways to save on the electric bill by boosting the efficiency of a home’s HVAC system. Everyone knows that turning down the thermostat and putting on an extra sweater can help, but there are more comfortable and more helpful strategies for saving coins.
The Mindful Usage of the Smart Thermostat
The thermostat is the brain of any heating and cooling system. This small thing affects how the entire home feels. Homeowners should consider upgrading to a programmable thermostat to help the home stay comfortable but allow for changes when no one is home or when there is less need for temperature regulation. Wi-Fi thermostats connect to the internet and can be operated via a smartphone app. Many features are available for smart thermostats.
- Geofencing: This smart thermostat feature monitors the homeowner’s smartphone location via GPS. One can turn down temperatures while they are away and begin warming the house when the homeowner returns.
- Learning: Smart thermostats can learn schedules and routines via a smartphone app to optimize efficiency.
- Extras: Many of today’s thermostats can accommodate speakers for music and AI assistants such as Alexa and Siri.
- Pricing: The thermostats are reasonably priced, beginning at around $60. All thermostats in this range are not equipped with all the features, but they can still be beneficial in managing energy expenditure.
Replacing the Air Filter
The air filter is another small piece of the HVAC system that can make a huge difference. The air filter captures air pollutants that affect indoor air quality as well as the function of the whole HVAC system. Dust and other particles can cause malfunctions with the various coils and moving parts like the fans. All of this is caught in the air filter instead. One should replace the air filter every 3 months to ensure the airflow is most efficient. Changing an air filter is an easy task that can take only a few minutes.
Don’t Forget Regular Maintenance!
While this may seem counterintuitive, scheduling a regular professional maintenance visit will save money in the long run. If an HVAC system has regular maintenance, it will be in top condition and function at the highest level possible. Even though it is an appliance that uses a great deal of energy, an HVAC system tends to use even more energy when it is not functioning properly. Below are listed a few more ways maintenance can save more money than is spent on it:
- Prevents breakdowns
- Repair and replacement happen before problems occur
- Maximizes efficiency
- HVAC unit will last longer
- Keeps or improves utility costs
About AAA Modern Air
Working in Dania Beach and throughout Southern Florida, AAA Modern Air provides award-winning service 24/7. Call today for HVAC service!
Distribution Links +