Benefits of Duct Cleaning for Homes This Spring
Many homeowners are going full force with spring cleaning this year, trying to organize and declutter their homes just in time for the warm weather. But one item people often forget to add to their spring cleaning checklist is cleaning the air ducts. This can be a big mistake.
Air ducts are tube-like passages in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning that facilitate airflow, so homeowners should maintain clean air ducts. The airflow and air ducts in the home are like the blood flow and arteries in the body: clogged air ducts cause problems for a home, just like clogged arteries cause problems for the body. Clean air ducts are a must-have!
When To Clean Air Ducts
Homeowners should be on the lookout for specific signs that may signal dirty air ducts. Some common signs include:
- Debris – visible in vent covers, return air registers, air filters, etc.
- Dust – continually present no matter how often the house is cleaned
- Energy costs – higher than normal heating or cooling costs often from lack of free and efficient airflow, which forces heating and cooling systems to work harder than usual
- Mold – commonly found in furnace or air conditioning systems due to condensation, which can lead to musty odors
- Recent development/renovation – for newly built or recently renovated homes, nearby construction can lead to large buildups of dust or must
Dirty air ducts can also contribute to several health symptoms that may alert homeowners to the possibility of dirty air ducts, including difficulty breathing, chronic coughing/sneezing / sore throat, headaches, fever, and more. If homeowners notice any of these signs or have other reasons to believe their ducts need cleaning, they should arrange for professional help immediately.
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning significantly improves airflow. It allows home heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to function properly and efficiently. This has very important downstream benefits on homeowner health and overall greater cost savings:
- Cleaner and more breathable air
- Fewer unpleasant smells and odors
- Fewer allergens and irritants
- Reduced costs due to more efficient airflow
Professional help for clean air ducts is both beneficial to and necessary for homeowners because the system functioning has a direct impact on health.
Preventative Measures To Maintain Clean Ducts
There are several preventative measures homeowners can take to maintain clean air ducts. These will help to prevent duct cleaning emergencies and health-related issues:
- Maintain HVAC systems (changing filters, cleaning coils, etc.)
- Prevent mold by maintaining dry and well-ventilated areas near air intakes
- Regularly clean home to prevent buildup of dust and debris
- Seal off ductwork prior to construction or renovation projects
Homeowners should also schedule routine ductwork inspections. Professional air duct cleans are typically recommended every 3-5 years.
About AAA Modern Air
AAA Modern Air of Dania Beach, FL has provided residential and commercial air conditioning services since 1969. Their family-owned and operated company started as a father/son team and has grown to become one of the largest air conditioning equipment installation and duct companies in South Florida. Give them a call for duct cleaning service today!